Tuesday 19 May 2009

The Legend that is Mr. Barry Aitken

This fabulous photograph of Barry was taken in the Babington reception on May 18th. It was my intention to take a picture that might adorn the walls of the Long Room or a fine Country House drawing room in recognition of Barry's 25 year contribution to running the Wiltshire Queries. In my head the picture was designed to be authoritative, distinguished and somewhat formal. Given that it was the last shot I had until my camera battery gave up the ghost, it was perhaps fitting that Pino took centre stage and banished any notions of my pretentious nonsense.

Instead, what we have is a picture more akin to a scene at Fawlty Towers of Manuel and the Major. (No offence to either splendid individual intended!)

"Hampshire won Fawlty" - "Did it?"

No comments:

Add to Technorati Favorites